Wrist pain is a quite common condition which can occur due to various causes.
Causes of wrist pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome – caused due to compression of median nerve which passes through the wrist joint.
- Injury to the wrist – can cause mild to severe wrist pain which depends upon intensity of stimulus.
- Sprain or overuse – causes injury to the muscles and tendons causes pain.
- Fracture – fracture of lower end of radius or ulna can cause severe wrist pain.
- Infection – infection like tuberculosis may lead to wrist pain.
- Arthritis – it include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout, one of the most common cause of wrist pain.
- Ganglion of the wrist – swelling which often occurs over the back of wrist which often causes pain
Diagnosis of Wrist Pain
- General examination – include examination of history of injury or trauma, of pain, swelling, tenderness, movements etc
- Specific test – mainly include X – ray, MRI, CT scan, bone scan, blood test including complete blood count and rheumatoid factor.
Treatment of Wrist Pain
Treatment of wrist pain depends upon cause and medical condition some specific modes of treatment are given below:
Homeopathic treatment of wrist pain – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach.
This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat wrist pain but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for wrist pain treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the pain. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some specific for wrist pain are given below:
Benzoic Acid, Arnica, Rhus Tox, Agaricus, Hypericum, Calcaria Flour, Silicea, Actea Spicata, Ruta, Medorrhinum, Brynoia, Eupatorium Perf, Calcaria Carb, Sulphur, Symphytum, and various other medicines.
Allopathic treatment – Treatment is available by medication especially analgesics, anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics, cortisone injections. Surgery is also applicable in specific conditions.
Other methods of treatments include – Hydrotherapy, Ayurveda, Acupressure, Acupuncture, Physiotherapy, Naturopathy etc.